“Today is the tomorrow that I was so worried about yesterday” – Anthony Hopkins.
Past and Future
Most of our worries and stress comes from thinking about our future or what has happened in the past. We worry about stuff that hasn’t happened yet but what if it does?
If we look back at our lives, we can clearly see that most of the things we were worried about from last year or ten years ago, never came true.
Now that doesn’t mean that you don’t plan for the future – thats totally fine as we need that from survival point of view, but to be so occupied by that, we forget to live and enjoy our present is a waste of life. There is so much life happening right now that we can be a part of, experience it, live it.
So next time you are putting off to do something in the present because there is a deadline to meet, or it is a bit expensive and you want to save money, or you are too busy – maybe stop that and go out and do it, the future will take care of itself when it arrives.
The word worry means “to be torn into two”
It is an emotion that causes us to work against ourselves. Thinking of negative thoughts can affect your whole self. It can make you pessimistic and bring you into the world of despair and gloom. Despite your effort at home, in the workplace, or school, you will feel unhappy and unsatisfied. You will end up losing hope and giving up.
Stressing is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.
Here are 9 reasons why you should not entertain any stressors in your life.
- You will look younger: Who doesn’t want to look younger? Every time you ponder your dilemmas, you start aging faster, making you look exhausted and haggard all the time.
- Stress is a killer. It weakens your immune system, increases inflammation, causes insomnia, high blood pressure, heart disease, the list is endless. Happier thoughts make for a happier mind and happier body.
- Stress makes you unproductive: It cripples your ability to think at your best, to make decisions, solve problems and take action accordingly.
- Stress slows down your manifestations. Everytime you are stressed you are slowing down the energy that creates worlds from working in your favor. Stop worrying and trust the process.
- Stressing is unnatural, we humans are the only creatures on this planet that stress, we have to learn to trust the universe. Our natural state is to be joyful and happy. By worrying, we only get in the way of the natural laws and don’t let the things unfold the way they are meant to.
- Everything is temporary. Whatever circumstances are making you stressed, they’ll pass eventually, nothing is permanent.
- Stress magnifies the problems and makes them look bigger than they actually are, it causes you to overthink and over analyze to the point that you give up.
- Stressing is wasting the present: By worrying about what might be and pondering about what might have been, you are missing out on what is, you are missing out on the most important moment which is the NOW. Life is happening in the Now, not in the past nor in the future.
- It is a useless emotion that doesn’t do any good. Have you ever heard anyone saying “Thank God I worried when the times got tough, it really helped in pulling me through”? Never.
It is all about perception
As Dr. Wayne Dyer says “Everytime you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”. Train your mind to see the good in every situation. There are no accidents in this world, everything happens for a reason.
It is time to start living.
Things always turn out the best for people who make the best out-of-the-way things turn out.
The minute you stop stressing is the minute you start enjoying life.