How To Be Happy In LIFE – 15 Easy Ways On How To Be Happy Right Now
Everything you want is because you think in the having of it you’ll feel better, you will feel happier. Nothing is more important than you feeling good. I’ll say it again because this is the most important phrase you’ll ever hear, Nothing, I mean “NOTHING is more important than you feeling good”. It is your natural state to be happy. It is your default mode and your birth right to be happy.
“The most valuable skill that you could ever develop is the skill of directing your thoughts toward what you want — to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want — and then giving your undivided attention to that.” ~ Esther & Jerry Hicks (From Money, and the Law of Attraction).
The best gift you can give anyone is your own happiness as you are of so much value to others when you are aligned. Do not wait for the conditions to be right so you can be happy, get happy and watch the emergence of conditions that are conducive to your state of being. Through the help of this article I want to reveal the secrets of happy people and show you how to be happy with what you have.
Now let’s discuss how you can spend more of your time in the happy state
- Make a list of things that you are grateful for and go through them every morning before starting your day and at night before sleeping. This practice of keeping a Gratitude Diary prompts your psyche into noticing everything that is good in your life. It is scientifically proven that gratitude improves physical and psychological health. It also improves self-esteem, reduces aggression and enhances empathy. When you shift your focus from what is not working for you to what is working for you, you feel more optimistic about your life which results in contentment and happiness.
- Watch your internal dialogue and decide to be kind and loving to yourself. Your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship that exists, every other relationship is secondary so treat yourself with love, respect, compassion and kindness.
“The single most influential force that controls your attitudes, beliefs, capabilities and emotions is repetition – the words you silently use, over and over again, in your internal dialogue with yourself”. Napoleon Hill
- Stop comparing your life to others. Every individual on this planet is on a path unique to them. Your journey is your journey, not a competition.
- Accept where you are, this is exactly where you are supposed to be to learn the lessons you need to learn in order to evolve. Make peace with it.
- Spend more time thinking the thoughts that make you happy. The more time you spend feeling good, the more circumstances you attract into your physical experience that are aligned with that state of mind. Highly recommend reading the book, The Art of Happiness : A Handbook for Living by Dalai Lama.
“Think thoughts that make you happy. Do things that make you feel good. Be with people who make you feel good. Eat things that make your body feel good. Go at a pace that makes you feel good.” ~ Louise Hay
- Stop watching the news. News channels have taken the responsibility upon themselves to collect and report only the doom and gloom from around the globe. There are a million good things happening at the exact time. You can focus on some of those. Energy flows where attention goes.
- If you are holding resentment against someone or even yourself, forgive. You have to do it for your self more than anyone else.
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you”. Lewis B. Smedes
- Get out in the sun for at least 30 minutes a day- Various scientific studies have found that physical activity outdoors for even as little as five minutes leads to measurable improvements in mood and self-esteem.
- Exercise for at least 30 mins 4 times a week. Exercise is a natural antidepressant. It will make you feel better, sleep better, feel more energetic. So get off of the couch and start moving.
- Meditate for at least 15 mins a day. New scientific studies suggest it is possible to physically grow a happier brain through practices like meditation. Here is a great tool that I personally use to meditate. In just 20 minutes, iAwake’s technology will gently guide you into a deeply enjoyable and relaxing state of meditation in which you will very likely feel the delightful sensation of “floating.” To download there free tracks click here
- Indulge in activities that make you feel good, it may be listening to music, watching your favourite show, reading a book, playing a game, calling a friend.
- Spend more time with people that thrill you. Having genuine friends with whom you can share personal feelings and express your heart is a powerful way to cultivate positive emotions. Researchers say that daily social support is one of the key factors in feeling optimistic and lowering our risk of depression.
- Help a stranger, you’ll always find someone in need of help. It’ll make you both feel amazing and that’s how we all individually change the overall energy/vibe of the planet.
- Learn to say NO. It’ll save you a lot of time, energy and effort. The ability to say ‘no’ really reflects that you are in the driver’s seat of your own life and gives you a sense of empowerment.
- Stop spending money buying things and start investing in experiences. It is the memories that you going to remember for years to come.
Happiness is an Art
Like any other art happiness is also a skill a can be learnt. It doesn’t happen by chance. It is a result of the choices you make everday. It can be yours as of this moment. You don’t have to wait for a bigger house, a better car, another job or a better relationship. You can learn and practice the art and should not leave it to chance.